If you love Elotes or Mexican street corn then you’ll love this delicious side dish. Let me show you how to make a super easy street corn bake. *This post contains affiliate links, which means this blog earns commissions from purchases, at no extra cost to you.
Authentic Mexican Street Corn It’s Not, But It’s Good!
If you don’t already know, traditional authentic Mexican street corn begins by being boiled in water with spices and herbs. Sometimes, a little butter is thrown in the water. Or, it’s grilled/roasted. After cooking, it’s usually topped with Mexican crema, queso fresco or cotija, and chili powder, or smoked paprika. So, the flavor is very rich and savory.
This recipe I’m showing you today is a quick take on that famous street delicacy. It’s not the traditional way of making it. It’s an adaption that can be combined quickly with what you already have on hand in the kitchen, baked, and then topped with green onion and maybe a dash of hot sauce for a little extra kick.
Prepare this just in time for Taco Tuesday or whenever the mood hits you.
What I love the most about this recipe is that you can add whatever flavor accents you like.
If parmesan and chipotle aren’t your things. You can substitute with cotija, chili powder, or smoked paprika, for a more authentic flavor. Both items should be readily available at your local chain grocery store.
You’re going to need:
- Mixing bowl
- 13 x 9 baking dish
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Aluminum Foil
⇓ Here are some options if you don’t have everything at home. ⇓
Delicious and Savory Street Corn Bake
- 6 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup mayo
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chipotle pepper, ground
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped – reserve some for garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Hot sauce if desired, your choice, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl mix together corn, mayo, chipotle pepper, salt & pepper, and green onions until well combined
- Spoon into 13×9 dish prepared with nonstick spray
- Sprinkle cheese over the top
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes, then uncovered for another 20 minutes
- Sprinkle on the reserved green onion, squeeze on a bit of lime juice, and sprinkle with hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Enjoy Your Street Corn Bake!
Let me know what you think about this recipe and how you adapted your street corn bake recipe. As always you can leave a question or comment below. If you received this post via email, just click the little blue comment button.
Here are some other recipes to try!
What’s your favorite quick side dish to whip up?