This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SeasonOfMinis
I’m gonna show you how to create a fun fall family movie night complete with delicious treats and a quick dessert recipe.
Create Lasting Memories With A Fall Family Movie Night
My kids LOVE family movie nights. What started as us all randomly showing up to chill on the couch watching a flick or 2 together, has turned into an all-out family event.
It’s not counted as a true movie night unless it includes a funny or captivating movie + a variety of snacks and drinks.
Planning A Fun Fall Family Movie Night In 5 Steps
Whether you decide on making it dinner and a movie or get fancy with snacks/desserts, remember to keep it fun. It’s always ok if things don’t go as planned.
Step 1 – Set a date and time for your movie night and try to stick to the same schedule if you plan on making this a weekly event.
Step 2 – Decide on 1 or 2 movies for the night. You can either have the family vote on the movie choices OR simply go ahead and pick! Knowing what you’ll watch can help to build excitement during the week.
Step 3 – Plan for your food. Make a list and set up delivery or shop for what you need. Remember, if you don’t want to venture inside your local grocery store, many of them have pickup and delivery options available for grocery items.
For our movie night, I used Walmart Online Grocery service using my mobile phone and the Walmart app. Plus, right now earn $.50 on Entenmann’s® Minis products on Ibotta, click here for the offer.
Step 4 – Prepare your movie area & set up the food, snacks, and drinks. Find your remotes, queue the movie, and set it on pause until everyone is ready.
Step 5 – Make sure everyone takes a bathroom break BEFORE the flick so you won’t have to pause the movie.
Mini Key Lime Shortcakes featuring Entenmann’s® Minis
I love Entenmann’s® Minis! They are perfectly sized for snacking and individually wrapped for when you’re on the go. My whole family loves them because they’re super moist and delicious!
Entenmann’s® Minis deliver the same quality and deliciousness of their classic products. You can find a variety of products and flavors to suit your cravings and they’re available nationwide.
Let me show you how I use Entenmann’s® Minis Crumb Cakes to make these delicious little key lime shortcakes, perfectly sized for family movie night.
- Entenmann’s® Minis Crumb Cake, 6ct
Key Lime Filling
- 2 -16 oz. packages of cream cheese (room temp is best)
- 1/3 cup of lime juice
- 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- Lime zest from 1 or 2 limes (optional)
- Open the individual packages of Entenmann’s® Minis Crumb Cakes and slice them in half horizontally. I find the best way to slice them is to flip them upside down on a plate or platter and use a small fruit or bread knife to gently slice.
- Arrange all of the bottoms of the cakes on a serving dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice, and 1/2 of your lime zest. Mix well until smooth and creamy.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture onto the cake bottoms and cover with tops of the cakes, crumb side up. Be sure to sprinkle any leftover crumbs over your completed dish.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with lime zest. If you don’t want to serve right away, refrigerate and top with whipped cream and zest just before serving.
Fall Inspired Movie Night Snack Recommendations
- Gourmet Popcorn or Popcorn Balls
- Entenmann’s® Minis Crumb Cakes
- Nut Mix
- Apple Cider
- Chai Tea
- Hot Chocolate
- A Sundae Bar
- Candy Apples
⇓⇓ Click The Image To Add These To Your Cart ⇓⇓
Right now earn $.50 on Entenmann’s® Minis products on Ibotta, click here for the offer.
Fun Fall Family Movie Night Watch List
- Smurfs I and II
- Black Panther
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Captain Underpants Epic Choice-O-Rama (Interactive)
- Jumanji The Next Level
- The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind
- The Peanuts Movie
- Dora and the Lost City of Gold
- MIB I, II, and III
- Free Birds
- A Shawn The Sheep Movie: Farmageddon
- Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- The Main Event
- Gnome Alone
I hope this post has inspired you to try something new for family movie night or reminded you to watch some classic fall movies with your fam! Click here –> for more Entenmann’s® Minis recipe inspiration.
What movies do you like to watch during the fall? Let me know in the comments.
What cool things do you do or like to eat to make family movie night fun?