If you love sweet smoky pulled pork and a good cheesy pizza, this is the recipe for you. The combination of flavors, textures, and crispiness of the crust on this one will have you hooked for sure!
BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza?
Ummm Yes!? We’re going there. Because you need this in your life. Just trust me. It’s not all about the pork. The diced onion and peppers really give this extra texture and flavor. Peep my homegrown green onions in this recipe too!
Now, there’s a secret to getting the crust just right too. You’re gonna need a quick dab of butter and a light sprinkle of cornmeal on the bottom of your pizza pan. So, before you get to spreading out your crust for this, prep your pan people!
You can also decide to make this a rectangle or a round pizza. I preferred to make mine a rectangle one, so I can have 4 delicious crust corners to munch on. It’s all up to you.
Well, no more talk. Let’s get to it greedies!
Cheesy BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza Recipe
- Store-bought premade pizza dough (set out at room temperature for 20 mins)
- Pinch of cornmeal
- A pat of butter
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (a sweet and smoky variety is best)
- 1 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 – 3 cups dry-rubbed pulled pork
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- diced green onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced sweet bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- Pinch of black pepper to taste
- A sprinkle of Garlic Salt with Parsley (I use Lawry’s)
- Pinch of dried parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prep your pizza pan. Rub a little butter over the bottom of the pan and the sides. Be sure to cover the whole pan. Then sprinkle with a few pinches of cornmeal. Set aside.
3. If using refrigerated pulled pork, warm it up in the microwave for about 45 seconds, to soften the meat.
4. Spread out your pizza crust using either your hands or a rolling pin. Try to keep the thickness of the crust consistent and leave a small rim for your edges (if you prefer). I used a combination of both my hands and a rolling pin to spread my pizza crust.
5. In a bowl combine bbq sauce, garlic and brown sugar. Mix well. Spread the bbq sauce evenly over the top of your pizza crust leaving about 1″ untouched on all sides.
6. Add your toppings! Start with the pulled pork. Then add your onions, peppers, and top with cheese.
7. Sprinkle the whole pizza with your seasonings.
8. Bake for 20 minutes! It’s done when the edges start to brown a little.
Doesn’t this look good?! Woo! I can’t wait to make this again.
Let me know how your’s turns out and what you think about the taste. Enjoy!
What are your favorite pizza toppings?