About 5 years ago the Hubbs and I decided to drop our pricey cable service package and opt for an internet-only package. It was one of the best decisions we could have made for our family.
Today’s post is sponsored by Best Buy for Google Chromecast, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Why We Ditched Our Cable
With our crazy schedules, it was becoming apparent that none of us really was using the full cable package plan. We watched shows mostly in the evenings, if at all. During the day, the only channel that would be on was PBS when my son came home from school.
Most of my days were spent online blogging and growing my business, while my hubby’s days were spent working his IT job. So we mostly binge watched stuff at night while the kids caught up on their favorite cartoons.
As a family, we mostly watched Hulu or Netflix and rarely watched tv shows when they were actually scheduled to be on. We didn’t want to pay for any more premium channel packages or pay for the box to record our shows. Those would have been a waste of money for us. Especially since most of what we liked to watch could be caught in replays on the network’s websites and I already had basic cable due to a digital antenna in my room and FREE basic cable & HBO that came with our internet-only package.
We had everything that we needed.
Google Chromecast at Best Buy
Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player is one of many options out there to help you cut the cord to cable and save money.
Like us, so many people are moving away from traditional cable tv plans, to flexible streaming options. Streaming devices are so inexpensive now and allow you to watch what you want on your own terms. You don’t have to record shows anymore because you can pull them up whenever you like. Now you can subscribe to the networks that you love without having to opt for expensive cable packages.
Chromecast is a great low-cost option and you can grab it in-store or online at Best Buy.
Here are some dope features of Google Chromecast
- Watch movies, shows, live TV, YouTube, and photos streaming on your TV from all your family’s devices.¹
- Stream from your phone to TV. Plug Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV and to power and stream your favorite entertainment right from your phone with just a tap. Watch shows, listen to playlists, and more. And while streaming, you can still use your phone as you normally do.
- Works with the streaming apps you know and love. Enjoy TV shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more from over 2000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube TV, and HBO NOW. Find more at g.co/chromecast/¹
- Start streaming with just your voice. Just say what you want to watch from compatible apps and control your TV hands-free, with Chromecast and Google Home working seamlessly together.² “Ok Google, play Stranger Things from Netflix on my living room TV.” ¹
- Upgrade your TV for less. Expand your home entertainment without buying a new TV. It’s so affordable you can get one for every TV in the house.
- High-speed wireless connectivity. Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router required and sold separately).
- Compatible with your existing HDTV. Easily connects to high-definition televisions with HDMI connectivity.
Have you decided to make the switch from cable to a streaming device?