Belk Seriously Chic Fall 2013 Fashion Preview
With my sister-in-law in tow, we burst through the doors excited to see what Belk has in store for us this coming Fall.
There was a special presentation given by fashion veteran Arlene Goldstein, VP of Trend Merchandising & Fashion Direction at Belk. Arlene filled us in on some of the trends & styles coming to us for fall including must haves for men & women this upcoming season.
She touched on some of the fashion collections coming to Belk stores, what’s been trending on Paris runways and what we can expect to see this year, both old and new.
According to Ms. Goldstein expect to see more:
- Bold Vintage jewelry & Gold jewelry. Expect more Rose Gold & Metallic accents & finishes (studs, buckles, buttons etc.).
- Lots of Leather & Pleather
- Graphic patterns are making a strong comeback
- Ankle Boots with a bad girl edge or punk influence
- Lace – less dainty, more heavy & lace paired with illusionary colored fabrics (skin tones)
- Lots of “Glitz Before Six”, Subtle sexiness
- Studded Motocross Jackets, Metallic Buttoned Military Jackets (Officer’s Coats).
- Lots of mixed patterns on single garments
- More “Close & Away from the Body” pairings. For example, leggings paired with over-sized jackets.
- Single soled pumps, ankle strapped heels
The following images are credited/courtesy of Belk and are included in Belk’s 2013 Fall Fashion Lookbook. Here are a few of my favorites from their collections.
According to Ms. Goldstein, “Belk is a destination for great shoes”.
So thanks to a great relationship formed between Belk & Cynthia Rowley, attendees also received a peek at the new Cynthia Rowley Fall shoe collection being sold exclusively at Belk Stores.
Expect to see more short boots this fall with a little rocker/punk flair and more textured & studded flats/casual shoes.
Each attendee of the fashion preview also received a NICE Belk goodie bag. Mine was filled with great beauty products. For more info on what was inside…read my next post.
I had such a great time at this event and got to meet some really creative people including the lovely DIY Queen, Miss Erica Bunker over at www.ericabunker.com. This lady is a super talented blogger out of Birmingham who makes her own clothes. I love meeting people that are very down to earth, friendly and have a passion for what they do. Now when I say that Erica makes her own clothes, I literally mean it. She makes her own freakin clothes!! And they are TOO FLY! Have you seen her blog?! OMG…if you haven’t, you are really missing out. Be sure to follow her on social media and tell her that Stellar sent ya!
Be sure to check out the new Belk collections as well as their new beauty arrivals. I must say I was really impressed with their Fall pieces and will be making a point to start building my Fall wardrobe now!
@belkfashionbuzz, #belkfashionbuzz, #naturallystellar
Not already following my blog? You should be ashamed!! LOL. Just click that little +Follow pop up in your lower right hand corner (on WordPress). All others please click Subscribe in the Right Side Bar OR follow me on either Networked Blogs or BlogLovin’——————>
- Belk to be a ‘Project Runway’ sponsor (bizjournals.com)
- Wall-to-wall fashion: Charlotte-based Belk sponsors new season of ‘Project Runway’ (charlotteobserver.com)
Latest posts by Candice S. (see all)
- Urban Belle Reviews: DealZip Baby Ruffle Bloomer Set - February 8, 2016
- Meaningful Beauty Product Review - February 4, 2016
- Urban Belle Reviews | Xtreme Power US Mini Washer - February 2, 2016