DIY Shellac Without the Shellac
I came across this today while on Pinterest and wanted to share with all the nail lovers out there. It’s from KeepingUpWithKatieK on Tumblr. This sounds like something worth trying. I’ve never used gel before but have been dying to. Check this out and let me know what your thoughts are. P.S. If you’ve ever worn gel polish, is it as easily removable as some claim or really expensive to remove?
Until Next Time Stars. Enjoy the Post Below!
Leave A Comment, Let Me Know How Your shellac Turns Out
BEING THE GIRL THAT I AM, I DECIDED TO SPEND MY FRIDAY NIGHT GETTING A MANI. HOWEVER, BEING THE GIRL THAT I AM, I WANTED A MORE AFFORDABLE WAY TO GET A GOOD-QUALITY PAINT JOB. I LOVE SHELLAC MANICURES BUT I JUST DON’T WANT TO PAY FOR IT.
WHAT I USED:
1. SALLY HANSEN HARD AS WRAPS POWERFUL ACRYLIC GEL
2. MY FAVORITE NAIL POLISH (SERIOUSLY, ESSIE IS AMAZING)
3. SALLY HANSEN NO CHIP ACRYLIC TOP COAT
START WITH CLEAN, DRY NAILS. APPLY ONE COAT OF THE POWERFUL ACRYLIC GEL. WHEN IT’S DRY, APPLY TWO COATS OF YOUR FAVORITE NAIL POLISH. WHEN THAT IS DRY, APPLY ONE COAT OF THE ACRYLIC TOP COAT.
I’M NOT KIDDING. THIS WORKS JUST AS NICELY AS SHELLAC. MY MANICURE FEELS ROCK-HARD AND IT’S SMOOTH AND SHINY. BEST PART, THE THREE BOTTLES COST ME ABOUT $15 AT TARGET AND I’M GOING TO GET MANY MORE USES OUT IT.
- Moody Manicure: Clearly Spotted Aspen (naturallystellar.com)
Latest posts by Candice S. (see all)
- That’s me! I’m in Hype Hair Magazine! - October 24, 2014
- Sneak Peek: Halle Berry’s Lingerie Debuting at Target - October 24, 2014
- LEO Super Hero eBook Review - October 20, 2014